Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

A complete punch to the gut

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength in my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:25,26

Got a call from my sweet husband, and he said he will not be coming home indefinitely. I said, "This isn't an April Fools joke because if it is honey, that is not a cool one" as my voice started quivering. He said, "I wish it were, but we got briefed today and I wont be coming home any time soon." My heart instantly sank. He missed coming home by two measly weeks. I am in complete shock and my heart is aching more than I ever thought possible. My significant other, my best friend, my husband, my buddy, the love of my life, and the father of my child will not be coming home soon. The worst part is that we have no idea when he will get to come home. I don't even have a date to look forward to anymore, and that freakin' stinks! Makia is such a light in my life, and he is such an amazing man. The words amazing, and magnificent don't even do him justice because his being is so much greater. I have so much love and the utmost respect for my husband. My only prayer now is if he cant be home with me, that the Lord will at least use him to be a light to people in midst of all this darkness. My husband is not the only one not coming home, but there are many men and women that are stuck in his shoes as well. Please keep all of them in your prayers along with their families.

On a happier note, Makia pinned on today. He is now a Major! How cool is that!? I can officially say my husband is a field grade officer! Congratulations Major Epie, I am so proud of you and even more proud to be your wife. I am so blessed with you as my husband. I am waiting for you, and I can't wait to hug and kiss you!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am so sorry to hear this news! I will definitely be praying for you and Makia and for him to be able to come home as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts, Jenny & Makia. I am really feeling for you and hoping for good news soon. Love & Hugs, Paige Zac and Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, that does freakin' stink! I'm so bummed for you but glad you are turning to God, the " Comforter" in times like these. I will be praying for strength for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend, I'm so sorry about Makia. Please let me know if you need anything. I love and miss you. -Nicole

    ReplyDelete