If you are wondering what I'm talking about, here are some examples:
- Makia calls and says, "Nan, I'll be home by this time tomorrow." --- A day later comes, and you expect to get a phone call saying, "Nan, come and pick me up. I'm home." Instead you get one saying, "Just kidding, our plane broke and we are stuck in Germany for another week until the part arrives."
- I've heard of people being told that they are getting stationed stateside only to turn around and hear, just kidding you are moving to Japan and you have to be there in the next month.
- Your husband puts in for leave (vacation), and when the time arrives you are all excited to go on vacation, and then.....just kidding they need him to fly a mission.....and there goes all your plans down the drain.
- You go to the doctor on base and they say, we are going to refer you to another specialist and they will give you a call. A few weeks pass by and you never hear back from anyone. You call back and they say, just kidding we never put in for the referral.
The biggest JUST KIDDING has come with the past year.......
- Makia gets told that he is going to be deployed, but not to worry because it's only going to be for 6 months. JUST KIDDING.....He will be home May 11th, and IT WILL HAVE BEEN 10 MONTHS BY THE TIME HE GETS HOME.
But here is my all time favorite just kidding episode......
- I get told to come in January 30th at 8 p.m. for my induction. I get mentally prepared, packed, and ready to go. Makia trades schedules with a guy so that he can be off to watch the birth of his daughter via Skype. The nurse that I have been working with for the past few months schedules me at that time to ensure that she is working. Most nurses/doctors on base do not allow video cameras in the delivery room and do not allow skype as well. If this nurse is working when I go in for my labor, she ensures me that she will let us Skype with Makia. So what happens next? Me and my possy arrive at the hospital ready to go and get the delivery underway, but when we arrive I get told....... JUST KIDDING we have changed your induction date for tomorrow instead. Now Makia's day off has gone down the drain, and even if he is able to get another day off, isn't certain that we will be allowed to skype because I will have different doctors and nurses that I don't know.
I am incredibly frustrated this morning because I'm not even certain that I will be induced today. Makia and Kym both reminded me last night that it is all a part of God's plan and timing, but sometimes I wish that God's plan and timing would align with mine! :) I know His plan is always better, but in times like this it's easy to lose sight of that. As for now, I will just hold on to the following verse:
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Ahh, I'm so sorry. Well, that verse was my life verse the year Drew was born and it was a hard start for her and all of us but God has blessed our family beyond measure. I know how these last few days seem like an eternity but Olivia will be here before you know it! I will be praying the Lord works everything out just perfectly!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you have a blog. I've been blogging for a while now and I love it. Have fun tonight!!!! :)
I am so sorry, Jenny! You really have been thrown some pretty serious curve balls and have handled them with such grace. I know that is not easy! It's hard--even when you know that God is in control, that He knows best, that everything will work out as He intends--we are not perfect and it is natural to feel frustrated. I am praying for you and your sweet family.
ReplyDelete"And we know that ALL things work together for GOOD to them who are called according to His purpose."
Love you, Jenny!
I bet you can look back on this now and be thankful for another full night's sleep!! lol!
ReplyDelete