Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary


Today marks our 4 year wedding anniversary.  In some ways it feels like we’ve been together our entire lives, but in other ways, it feels as though we are still newlyweds.  I sometimes attest the newlywed feeling to the military because I tease him that he’s been gone half of our marriage.  I can’t believe how fast time goes by, and it’s even harder to realize how much can change in a small amount of time.  Our lives have blended together with ease, but with also many trials that have popped up along the way.  However, I am thankful for those tough times because it is in those tough times that we have grown closer to Christ and in turn closer to one another.  I don’t think I could do this life with anyone other then Makia.  I am certain that it wouldn’t have worked any other way, and I am so grateful that the Lord allowed our paths to cross. 

This year has not started off as easy as I had hoped which is why I’ve had a hard time keeping up with the blog.  My thyroid issues worsened at the start of the year and I’ve been bed ridden for the majority of the time.  However, I’m on the mend, and am so thankful for all the support that Makia has given me during this time.  I knew he would make a great husband, but I am surprised to know that he also makes a great nurse.  I don’t know how I would have survived this period in my life without his prayers and positive spirit.  Plus, I don’t think many would have been able to deal with me during this time.

Our blog was initially started as a way to keep close friends and family in the loop with our life, but it has also turned into a way for us to keep record of the highlights that occur along the way.  So today, I want to share some of those that I’ve not been able to share with you since the last time I wrote.
 
 Olivia messing with the dogs as usual.
 KISSES!!!
 
 Stretching like she does in soccer.
 San Antonio Zoo
 
 
 We've made a tradition of filling the house with balloons on her birthday.
 Mandi came for a visit!!!!!!
 One of Olivia's favorite things to do is to collect acorns in our backyard.
 We planted a garden.
 
 
 
 Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE!!!!!
 
 Makia took Olivia to fly in the simulator.  She was more interested than we had expected.
 Playing at Tia Alva's and Uncle Bill's home.
 
 
 
 
 Hanging with "CG"
 
 
 Looking at the goats with CG and Tio Herman.
 
 Hanging with family in Balmorhea, Texas.
 
 
 
 
 Easter Egg Hunt with Nana Luz
 
 
 
 Visiting the C-5 with Grandma Betty, Auntie Alice, and Babu.
 
 
 
 Olivia's newest take on a smile.
 
 
 We now own a piece of Texas!  We will be building our home here.
 
 Sea World!!!
 
 
 
 
And for those of you who are wondering why I've gained a pooch in the belly area.....
 

Olivia will be gaining a baby sister in September of this year.  We had held off on announcing the pregnancy since I had been terribly sick.  The doctors had expected that I wouldn't make it past the first trimester, and here I find myself in my 20th week of pregnancy.  It is evident that God has had other plans for this little girl.  We are extremely excited, and I am blessed to be able to share in this life with Makia.
 
I love you Makia and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!  

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Such wonderful news and so glad to hear your doing better on on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi. I've loved seeing your little one grow up. She is so darn cute, and I enjoy seeing her pictures. Hope you are doing well! :)

      Delete