Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tick Tock



It seems as though the days and weeks just keep passing at a rate that I can’t seem to grasp for more than what seems to be a tenth of a second. Before you know it the weekend is here, and I’m looking back at the week as if it were just a dream. Makia and I seem to be planning each and every weekend with an immense appetite to see everything that Northern California has to offer. We have made a pact to move to Delaware with a soothed satisfaction knowing that we took the time to take in all the beauty that God created on this part of the world. As I sit here typing, I can’t help but wonder why we waited until the last few weeks to partake in the activities that are offered here? I can’t help but feel as if we took our time here for granted, and at the same instance this very feeling resonates within the inner vibration of every bone in my body. I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE THE WORLD WITH THIS SAME FEELING!!! One day I know I will be in the presence of Christ, and don’t want to look back at my life and feel as if I took my time here on earth for granted. I really would hate to wait until the last few weeks of my life to try to do Christ’s work.

I am crippled by comfort. Because of comfort, I am a homebody by default. This is probably the biggest reason as to why Makia and I have waited until the last minute to explore here. I also have untamed Graves Disease that causes me to tire easily. I have to take at least one substantial nap a day or else I have a hard time functioning. I have had to push myself to go and do activities these past weekends, and because of this, I have had to step out of my “comfort zone.” In this situation, stepping out of my comfort zone entails accepting that I am just going to have to be tired.

I think most everyone else is crippled by comfort as well. We live in a day in age where the goal in life is to live the best life we can, but that’s not meant in a God fearing, moral, loving, honorable kind of way. It’s meant in the have the best job, best car, best house, best gadgets, best looking babe, and most money kind of way. We are way too comfortable with where we are to take the time to share God’s word, help a person that’s in need, or just even love one another. It’s kind of ironic to think about how comfort is indeed our own worst enemy. Because of comfort, I have a hard time sharing about Christ to people when I feel called to do so. I don’t want to make others feel awkward; I don’t want others to feel as if I am bible beating them, or as if I am judging them. Instead, I sometimes choose good ‘ole Mr. Comfort over GOD’S prompt.

As I sit here typing, I am realizing that the only real way to do Christ’s work is to get uncomfortable. I’ve always known this, but for some reason in this very second I am just now realizing it. If you are presently comfortable, I hate to say it, but that’s probably because you are not doing His work. I encourage you to join me in starting to live each day as if it were our last.














No comments:

Post a Comment