Its been a whirlwind and I apologize for not blogging any updates until now. All I can say is WOW! Motherhood has definitely already had its ups and downs, but nonetheless, motherhood is quite AMAZING. I look at my little girl, and I already don't know how I lived life without her. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever set my eyes on, and its mostly because she looks just like her daddy. They have the same eyes, and well, Makia's eyes have always melted my heart since the beginning. Receiving Olivia into the world has only made me experience Christ in a whole new light, and love my husband with much more depth than I ever thought possible. I give the glory all to Him!

Makia and Woody....."because if he couldy he wouldy have been there." - Kym gets the credit for this saying.
Labor and Delivery
I had quite an amazing group of ladies surrounding me through this process. Mandi served as the techie person. She was in charge of video, photography, and making sure Makia stayed connected through Skype. Kym served as my birthing coach and as comic relief. My sister was there for moral support, and to be the only one to nearly faint during the epidural! They brought such joy into the delivery room, and made my labor such a special and fun experience for me. It would have been funny to have had a camera recording everyone in the room because it was quite a spectacle. We had Makia there via Skype. He stole mine and Olivia's thunder with his facial expression during the birth. Everyone was focused on him during the birth because he looked funny with his mouth dropped open and his eyes opened as wide as possible. Mandi was balancing a laptop in one had, a video camera and photography camera in the other. Kym was busy getting a bruise under her ribcage from leaning over the rail of the bed to push my back up and count for me. My sister was in the back with a look of complete and utter shock from what she was watching. When Olivia finally made her appearance, my sister jumped back 5 feet and nearly tripped over the bed that was behind her! The civilian doctor that was overseeing the resident that was delivering Olivia was slumped back in a chair smacking his gum. While the nurses were all caught up watching Makia.
I was blessed with such an easy and calm labor. My sister said that she felt like she was in a yoga class during the process and I second that comment! I lucked out with the doctors and nurses that were working that night because they were all excellent at their jobs.
Makia and Woody....."because if he couldy he wouldy have been there." - Kym gets the credit for this saying.
Skype and iPhone 4
Can I hug the person who invented Skype and tweaked the iPhone 4 enough to be able to connect with Skype? Thanks to this technology, I don't feel like Makia was cheated out of watching the birth of his first born.
This was Makia minutes before I was about to start pushing.
Makia taking pictures on his end.
Olivia's Arrival
This was taken seconds after Olivia was born. This is truly one of my favorite pictures!!! I sure do love you, honey! I can't wait for you to meet your baby girl!
Alva and Mandi after the birth. Notice the Team Epie shirts that Kym made.
Kym and Olivia
Mel and Olivia
Mandi and Livi
Happy family!
Jenny, congratulations to you and Makia! Olivia is precious! Jim and Jeanine
ReplyDeleteSweet post! And now I'm crying...it was that picture of Makia right after Olivia's arrival that did me in. See you girls soon! :)
ReplyDelete