People keep telling me that they admire me for how well I have handled everything that has come my way recently, but the glory is all God's. I can assure you that if I didn't have a relationship with my creator, my fleshiness would have already given in to my bad attitude. I have the poorest attitude when I don't walk with Christ. I can be such a Debbie Downer to say the least and I hate this about myself. I am so far from perfection!
I am thankful for this deployment. All though it stinks that my best friend has been gone for a while now, during this time, we have grown closer to our God and in turn closer to one another. It's been an amazing time for us. I find that the sexiest part about Makia is his faith. Hearing stories about what Christ has taught him that day, or about how he got to share his faith with somebody always makes me love and admire him so much more. I am crazy about him, and I am blown away by the type of man God provided to be my husband. I don't deserve anything that has been given to me, yet He keeps giving and giving. My cup runneth over! Thank you Jesus!
I couldn't imagine going through hardships without faith. I can only envision how empty and cold the world would feel without Christ. If you are reading this and you don't know Christ, I encourage you to call on Him. He will never fail you. If you are in a dating relationship where you and your partner are not equally yolked, I urge you to get out of it. I look back at all my past relationships, and as much as I thought I loved them, there is no comparison to my relationship with Makia. God has provided a sort of closeness between us that would have never been obtained without Him.
Events that have been happening in Team Epie's life:
- Makia has been flying just about everyday. He can't really tell me any details, but I can tell that he is enjoying all the flying time! Anyone that knows Makia, understands his love for flying.
- He is still working on his Master degree, and has weekly assignments due.
- He has sent out an invitation to the squadron to join him on "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan bible study, and 16 people expressed interest! I have ordered the books for them, and they will start it as soon as they get them.
- Makia set out his XBox in the common room for all the guys to use. He has gotten so much positive feedback, and is excited that he was able to do something that would bring others happiness. I will be mailing them the new Call of Duty game soon!!!
- I recently got to fly home to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It was nice to see Mom, Dad, Alva, Bill, and all my aunts and uncles! Not to mention, that the food was AMAZING!
- My sister and mom threw a baby shower for me, and I got a ton of wonderful gifts for Ms. Olivia! It was also exciting because my mother-in-law (Betty), sister-in-laws (Alice & Kamil), nephew (Lyonga), and bff (Marci) flew in from Dallas to attend my shower! I was also happy that my two aunts (Teri & Rachel) got to attend the shower as well.
Events that Team Epie is looking forward to:
- Jason Green's (one of Makia's best buds) visit on December 17th. I will only get to see him that evening because he will be heading to Sacramento/Tahoe for the rest of the weekend.
- My sister's visit December 18th thru 22nd. She and I will be staying the weekend in San Francisco and attending the Nutcracker Ballet!
- My mom and dad's visit December 22nd thru 29th. I won't be spending Christmas alone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment