Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blessed Beyond Belief


I look at my life and I wonder what God sees in me. How did He choose me out of all the others to live in my place? I am so flawed and yet He still loves me. I fall short daily and He still remains at my side. The thought of all this baffles me and I can't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of His love nor the perfection of His love.

I hope this blog never turns into something that seems too good to be true. I can't stand reading others postings about how cookie cutter their lives are. Who are we kidding, nobody has the perfect life! The truth is, Makia and I don't have a white picket fence in our front lawn. We go through trials just like everyone else does. As a matter of fact, we are going through one right now (his deployment).

I have my good days and I have my bad days. Today is a bad day. I wish that Makia was here. He found out this morning that he has a torn ligament on one of the joints of his big toe. I wish for nothing more, than to have him here with me. I would absolutely love to be caring for his toe, feeding his belly, and making him laugh. Instead, he is laying in a bed of a hotel room watching TV alone. :(

When I am down, I always try to remind myself to be content with the situations that arise. I know that things could get much worse than the conditions we go through. I think of Joseph who got stripped from his robe, sold into slavery by his own brothers, got thrown in jail for many many years (twice) over false accusations, and yet the bible talks about how Joseph remained content through it all. I strive to be as content as Joseph was. Why is it so hard? When I get down and frustrated its because I'm not being content with what has been given to me.

I have an amazing husband, great family/friends, nice shelter, food, car, dogs, and a baby on the way! Yet I still manage to want more. Right now I'm wanting to be with my husband. What is it about human nature that makes us want so much? Its not enough that I have a husband that is crazy about me, but instead I'm discontent with the fact that he isn't here right this second. God must think I'm such a spoiled brat.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of going to see Makia. We spent the entire weekend together and it felt wonderful just being with him. We really didn't do much. He took me out to eat a few times, we went to Bonita Lakes, and watched football all weekend. Its funny how a little time apart can make you cherish one anothers company like never before. I love that man. At this point in time, I could spend a day at a landfill with him and still manage to have an great time. I absolutely love being around him and its that much more fun being pregnant. My pregnancy has definitely brought out a gentle side of him that I have not gotten to witness all that much. He was so cute about carrying everything for me up and down the stairs. He knows how insecure I have felt since my face has gotten extra round, but he still managed to make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. This man definitely knows how to make me feel special! My hope is that I will never get too used to him being around that I take him for granted.

The pictures I have posted were some that we took with the new camera that Maki surprised me with. I can't believe he got me such a good camera. I am so excited about it and can't wait to learn more about photography! Better yet, I can't wait to take a million pictures of Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment